Excited about your new vCD deployment, but struggling to connect to the new HTML5 Portal? You see No Datacentres are available when you connect and login to your tenancy HTML5 portal? You want a quick resolution for this error?
Following several enquiries about this issue from my blog readers after they read my blog post “Fast Track to vCD deployment“, I decided to add this blog to the previous one; then everyone will benefit from them.
The No Datacenters are Available issue is related to a certificate problem and arises especially if you are using the self-sign certificate; as I did on the Fast Track to vCD blog post. In general, this error is caused by the changes in the acceptance of certificates in the API Portal.
How to Fix
As mentioned previously, this issue is related to the self-sign certificate you generated during the deployment of the vCD Cell server, in case you followed my previous blog post. This fix is very easy and straightforward to remediate. To fix this error, follow these steps:
- Connect to the vCD URL, in our case: https://vcloudcellsrv.veeamsalab.org
- From Internet Explorer (IE), click on certificate error – view certificate
- On the Certificate window, browse to Detail tab, and then click Copy to File.
- Then select Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER), and save on a file:
- Open the new file and copy the text
- Browse to the vCDCell, Administrator – Public Addresses. On the certificate chain, paste the text copied on the previous step:
- Paste the same text to the vCloud Director secure certificate chain.
- When complete, press Apply.
Refresh your browser after you have completed the steps we have just described. Now when you connect to your HTML5 Portal, you will be able to see the Tenant Datacentre.