Hal Yaman (B.Sc) – MVP, is a senior IT professional with more than 18 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a background in backup and data center infrastructure with extensive expertise in enterprise messaging, unified communications, and storage and data protection with backup products. In his earlier IT life, he was responsible for the architecture and development of continuous data protection solutions with failover and fallback products such as Microsoft IIS and SharePoint, and Blackberry Enterprise Failover Server. Over the last four years, Hal has served as the APJ (Asia Pacific and Japan) Technical Manager at Dell software providing pre-sales and technical marketing support throughout the APJ region.
Hal is currently a Veeam solutions architect contributing to the Veeam Australia and New Zealand technical pre-sales business; he is focused on:
- Providing strategic Veeam solutions for large, complex and Multi-Faceted environments;
- Establishing Solution Blueprints;
- Developing and leveraging of design patterns and reference architectures;
- Partner enablement and capability delivery for MSPs on BaaS and DRaaS; and
- Delivering technical support to the team on Veeam’s emerging feature and function capability in new release versions.
In addition to Hal’s IT career, he flies helicopters. Hal is the holder of an ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License) helicopter license and is a helicopter flying instructor at Sydney’s Bankstown airport.
- Night VFR (NVFR) – NDB and VOR
- CASA Drugs and Alcohol supervisor
- Low-level operations
- PMA OHS 214B Helicopter safety and Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Dangerous Goods Training
- Robinson Safety Course
- Crew Resource Management Training